Monday, July 20, 2009

First Day of School


Today was Reese's first day at Primrose. Ironically, it was also my first departmental meeting at my new school. I think my experience was much better than hers.

Jason was at home today so dropping Reese off was a family affair. Bailey was so excited about her finally going to school with her. I think the only thing that would have made her happier would have been if Reese would have been in her class.

Bailey wanted to drop Reese off in her new class so we went there first. We went over her schedule with the teachers and then handed her to Ms. Presli. She was smiling and happy at first but that quickly changed. When we saw her bottom lip start to stick out, we quickly evacuated the room.


We walked Bailey to her class and said our goodbyes to her. As we were walking out of the building, Jason and I peeked into Reese's room and she was in full throttle screaming mode. Her face was all red and she was just having a good old fashioned fit. We dropped her off at 9 am and her sheet showed that her first nap was at 9:50 am. If I had to guess, I would say she probaby cried herself to sleep. When I went to pick her up at 2 pm, she had just woken up from her second nap and was being fed a bottle by Ms. Ellie (a floater teacher that we love!). I asked how her day went and they said aside from the first cry fit at 9 am, the rest of her day went really well.

As I type this, she is out. I imagine it was a much more active day than she is used to. Hopefully tomorrow morning drop off will be better. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: