Saturday, July 17, 2010

Three Months???

Seriously...has it been three months since I've posted to our blog? How sad is that? So much for trying to do a weekly update. I'll start that resolution again next year. So...in three months, what has happened?
  1. Jason turned 42, and I turned 37. Yuck!
  2. I finished my first year of teaching and am now permanently certified to teach in the state of Texas - at least until 2016. Yeah!
  3. Bailey had her first dance recital - which was precious by the way. Her tap number was Itsy, Bitsy, Teeny, Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, and she was amazing! She loved every minute of it.
  4. Bailey moved up to the Pre-K class at school the first week of June. She thinks she is so big now, but seriously loves the field trips. We've been told she knows all her sight words for Kindergarten - which is awesome. She's also reading and doing basic addition. Go, Bailey!
  5. Reese now talks all the time. She's also the sign language queen. She usually says the word and signs at the same time. It's amazing! She knows all her animals and the sounds they make. She's still our passive sweety, but she's definitely learning how to assert herself.
  6. We are still battling problems with Reese's ears. It stinks, but hopefully we have it sorted out now. That's a work in progress that I will have to keep you updated on.
  7. We took a 4 night, 5 day family vacation to Corpus Christi in June - which I realize now that I did not blog about. We went to the beach, spent time with Kathy (and Kyle and baby Travis - who is precious by the way), went to the Battleship, and the Texas State Aquarium.
  8. Christopher came in late June for 2 1/2 weeks. This made his 10th summer visit with us. I cannot believe he is 15 and has a driving permit. Where did that time go?

Well, that is the last three months in a nutshell. I will try harder to make posts, but I'm not sure anyone is reading it anymore anyway. I imagine everyone has given up on me. Ha! Maybe 2011 will be my year of the blog. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm still regularly visiting your blog and love to see what's happening with you and your family.

Say hi to Jason, Bailey and Reese from us.

All the best,

Judith and Dragan

Emily said...

Every time you send out pictures I check and see if you've updated the blog! :)