Friday, January 25, 2008

7 Pounds and Counting

One of my New Year's resolutions is to lose weight. I know that is everyone's resolution but I have procrastinated on it so long that I decided enough is enough. I decided I was going to lose 20 - 25 pounds and be committed this time. I enjoyed the holidays and began my relationship with Weight Watchers on Monday, January 7th.

Now I have done Weight Watchers before and looking good really stinks. Do you know how hungry I am??? I totally forgot how difficult it is to eat small portions, pass up the candy dishes on co-workers desks, and not eat 3 basket of chips at every Mexican restaurant I go to.

But......it must be paying off. Last Monday, after only two weeks, when I weighed in I had lost 7 pounds. I couldn't believe it. Losing 7 pounds in two weeks will motivate anyone. Although it'll also allow yourself to slack some which meant when I did my mid-week weigh in, I had gained back half a pound. Ugh! Needless to say, food at our house this weekend will be very boring and there will definitely not be any good eating out. But if I lose another pound, I'll still be on my way.

I decided I needed more motivation so I thought this blog could help keep me honest. I'm counting on all of you to cheer me on from time to time.

Tune in Monday for the weigh in update.....

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is fantastic Michelle!! I think I'm on my second "re-start" on Weight Watchers of the year. It is so hard to pass up all the office goodies!