Monday, January 28, 2008

Scaling the Wall...Or Crib

Our excitement for the weekend is Bailey can now climb out of her crib. We put her down for a nap Sunday afternoon and about 30 minutes later, we hear her door close. We assumed it to be the heater coming on and thought nothing of it. Ten minutes later, we hear the door open and she is standing at the top of the stairs as if nothing ever happened. I couldn't help but crack up.

Later, I asked her to show me how she got out of her crib. I put her in wanting a demonstration. I kid you not when I tell you that she literally reenacted it. She said "I put my leg up on top and then fell into the crib." (Insert visual image of her falling back into the crib.) "Then I tried to put my leg on top again and climbed down." (Insert visual image of her putting her leg over and scaling down the side.) I watched in amazement and horror as I began to realize what this meant.


Luckily, we had no midnight visitors last night so for now, we are just waiting to see what will happen. Best case, she stays put at night and we lose the crib as an option for napping in the daytime - which in reality has never really been an option so nothing has changed. Worst case, we take the front off her bed and walk her back up every time she decides to get out. I guess the worst case isn't that bad. We probably were lucky she stayed in her bed this long.

Those darn Gymboree classes are teaching her too much. Happy Monday!

PS For those looking for a weigh in update, I forgot to weigh this morning. I'll do it tomorrow and give you the latest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If anyone knows where we can get some good razor wire to put around the top of her crib, please let me know.