Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Chapter Closes

Today a chapter has closed in my life. After 7 years, I have left BMC Software, Inc. Although BMC has brought me some great opportunities, it has also brought many frustrations - especially in the recent years. As with most things in my life, I do not regret my time there nor do I think it was a waste. In fact, it was just the opposite - another stepping stone on my path to maturity.

I must admit that I was not sad to walk out the door for the last time. If anything, I was elated. It was as if a weight had been lifted off me. In retrospect, I suspect my heart had not been there for many years - possibly even before Randy (the best boss ever!) left last February.

It feels strange to not have a job at the present moment. I have worked since I was 15. But I am going to enjoy this time of unemployment. I am sure I will be ready to return to work soon enough.

No comments: