Friday, January 30, 2009

The Waiting Game

You know what I hate....waiting! God knows when he created me he shorted me on patience. I hate waiting for anything that is "good" or "important". For example, I hate waiting for Thursdays to come around when Grey's Anatomy is supposed to be good, I hate waiting for trips to Disney World, I even hate waiting for my W-2s. (I have Turbo Tax up and ready. Why does it take 4-6 weeks to get a W-2?) Anyway.....as you can imagine, I really hate waiting for grades or test scores. I always have.

Some of you have called and asked how I did on the teacher content exam yesterday and the answer is, I really don't know. I don't have a good feel. I honestly don't have the feeling of horror that comes with knowing you didn't pass but I also am not confident I passed either. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised either way. Some of parts of the exam were much easier than expected (i.e. Math) and others were a lot more unfamiliar than I expected (i.e. Social Studies and Science). I use the word unfamiliar rather than hard as I think the questions might have been conquerable if I had known the material or terms. Social Studies, unfortnately, had a lot more Texas history that I had been exposed to on previous exams or in my studies. Science had a lot of terms I had never seen - not even in my study guide. It's hard to use process of elimination when you aren't even sure what to be eliminating. I did take my time and worked through what I was confident in and focused on the rest at the end. I took 4 hours and 15 minutes (of the 5 hours) so I definitely made sure not to rush. I only hope my efforts were enough. I have prayed and prayed that all I need is a 240 (out of 300). I do not need a 241 or 242 - just a 240. I even gave God permission to change some of my answers to get me to 240. (Can you tell I'm desperate?)

So...that's the exam in a nutshell. The state board says I should have my grades within 7 business days. The online community says computer grades are available within 48 hours. More likely, it is somewhere in between. I will be sure to let you know. I know if I pass I will be elated and if I don't, you'll be able to hear me sobbing from here. As for now.....let the waiting game begin.

No comments: