Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cereal Time

Yesterday was cereal time! I had gotten Reese some oatmeal cereal rather than rice cereal. I'm not sure why - oatmeal just seemed less yucky than rice. From the time I took the can out of the pantry until we actually started feeding, she seemed to know that was food for her. She got so excited! Once we started feeding, she kept opening her mouth for us to put the spoon back in. She still has to learn how to "eat". She is so used to sucking on a bottle that the reflex is there to use her tongue way more than is needed. She kept pushing food out of her mouth. However, she did ok. She ate 3/4 of the bowl I had made. I think she stopped eating not because she was no longer hungry but because eating is a lot of work. She is not used to having to work much at her food - and our honey loves her food!!! I even had a hard time getting her to take the first bottle after her cereal meal. I really think she wanted more cereal. For now, we are limited to one cereal meal a day. In two weeks, we'll increase that to two times a day. Overall, I'd say that cereal is a success with Reese (unlike her big sister who hated cereal). I'm betting our little chunky monkey won't be quite as picky about food as her big sister. Chow for now!

No comments: