Friday, June 5, 2009

Little Hands

Reese has officially discovered her hands. She is realizing that she can actually use them to put toys in her mouth, play with toys on her activity mat, or grab her feet. It is so cute!

Last Sunday (5/31) we were eating lunch at Casa Ole when I handed her a fruit keys toy. I never expected her to hold it long much less do anything with it. All of a sudden we all stopped eating as we realized she had put them in her mouth. Bailey jumped up and down saying she had taught her that. Big sister was so proud of her little sister. Reese put it in her mouth over and over at lunch but not again once we got home. I thought it was just luck and assumed she wouldn't do it again. Then Monday she did it again once or twice. Tuesday it was a little more often. Wednesday morning I went upstairs to get her out of her crib and she was holding her feet and looking at me like "Did you know I had these?"

From then on, she has been putting anything she can get her hands on in her mouth. She is so proud of herself. Of course, I make a really big deal out of it every time she does it. She just smiles like she moved a mountain. It is precious!

I can't believe our baby is going to be 4 months old on Thursday. It goes so quickly. I miss her being a newborn already. (Ok - I don't miss our middle of the night newborn visits but I do miss our little, bity baby (and I use the term little loosely).) I'll post an update after our doctor visit on Thursday. Shots - yuck!!!

No comments: