Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Bad Blogger

I apologize for being a bad blogger this week. I know many of you are anxious to hear about Mommy and Bailey's first road trip to Louisiana - which was wonderful. However, Bailey has come down with a virus that has gotten worse as of this evening. Monday afternoon day care called about her diapers and asked me to pick her up and keep her out until her diapers became "normal". (Can you tell I'm trying not to get too graphic?) Two kids in her class have come down with Rotavirus which is highly contagious so they are being overly cautious. (You can look at the CDC website and search on Rotavirus for those who want to read about it.) After talking to the nurse on Monday, she did not think Bailey's symptoms were indicative of Rotavirus but didn't doubt that it could be a virus of some sort. Her only symptom to date is horrific diapers. The first few days it was only 2 diapers at most. However, today we have had 4 bad diapers within a 5 hour span which is more in line with how Rotavirus behaves. I am going to call the nurse again tomorrow morning and see what her thoughts are about bringing her in and what to do. Jason and I are having to play tag team on the work schedule as this is my year end and the worst time ever to take off and he has got multiple projects going as well. Luckily, Friday is a BMC holiday. I'm hopeful that we'll be all better and ready for school on Monday. In the interim, you'll have to wait for the blog on our road trip but I will try to write a brief update on the virus as I know more.

No comments: