Monday, June 18, 2007

Adventures in Baby Sitting

This weekend we were asked to baby sit Brayden. Brayden is a 22 month old boy in Bailey's class. Both his parents had work obligations on Saturday and their families are in San Antonio. Without a trusted sitter, they asked us to watch him from 9 - 4.
I must admit, I was a little nervous about it. I couldn't imagine have two little ones to keep up with. Any doubts I had about being able to handle it were quickly diminished. Brayden was wonderful and they had a great time together. We played games, watched Veggie Tales, and ate donuts and Chick Fil A. The best part of the day was when they played in Bailey's toddler pool. Daddy graciously blew it up and they had a blast (as you can see from the pictures).

Bailey has turned into such a water baby. She now asks to go swimming. We went to the Splashpad again on Sunday with her friend Ashley. Unfortunately, the weather didn't allow us to stay very long. She loves it so much that we have signed her up for swim lessons beginning at the end of July. It's only a 6 week class but I'm very excited as I know she'll love it.

I hope all the fathers out there had a wonderful Father's Day.

No comments: